Follow Me

Dropbox. ?Spread the word.  The first 2GB is free!

Journal Index

Forum > Tweak Software's Nuke Plugin

You can add realtime playback with Fusio-io using Tweak RV's new nuke plugin. http://www.tweaksoftware.com/rvnuke

January 11, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterVincent Brisebois

I got a solid state drive installed a couple weeks back, just to play with it, but im sure im not getting the most out of it. I want to spec out the ultimate machine for running nuke. the "inferno" for nuke.

January 11, 2011 | Registered CommenterFred Ruff

The issue with most compositing applications is threading, they are not well multi-treaded. This limits the amount of data they can "digest" at once. for this reason, throwing lots of SSD's or a Fusion-io card doesn;t make a huge difference. There is currently one exception to the rule: Autodesk Toxik. The architecture was specifically built with this in mind, in fact it converts images into smaller files allowing for faster performance on arrays. For this reason you see massive performance increase with a fusion-io card or SSDs in Autodesk Composite. More popular compositors like Nuke and After Effects are continuously enhanciong their products and threading is high on everyones list. Untill these applications are beter threaded you will have to use a playback application on the side (or use Autodesk Composite if it suits your needs). Without the use of applications like FrameCycler, Tweak RV or Composite, you will most likely not see a benefit with more than two SSD drives in a raid.

January 11, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterVincent Brisebois

"The issue with most compositing applications is threading, they are not well multi-treaded."

Another exception to that is Fusion. On a single Westmere CPU machine, I can achieve 1.4 GigaByte / second throughput in a composite, enough for 2K realtime compositing. And that's HALF float. If you had to work in Nuke or AE, you'd be forced to work at double that, 2.8GB/s. Neither of those applications is able to handle that.

The reason you need something like RV is that Nuke can't handle the playback. Fusion or Toxik, however, can do that natively.

March 3, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterChad Capeland

Appliance restore engineers don't by law phone for to preserve any formal qualifications, just neighborhood liability insurance suggestions but when you can imagine, making a reputation when you're workinglouis vuitton mahina couro for the do it yourself or finding occupation in the reputable institution is critically a complete great offer much less difficult in situation you do.

April 12, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterwqe

I understand that purchasing shoes from a air jordan 8 viii regular sporting good store is not the best idea. air jordan retro 8 I used to be capable of finding a half-dozen or so excellent websites that specialized in running gear through a large amount of Air Jordan Shoes For Sale
trial and error over the years. jordan retro 12 black and white I went straight to those sites and saw that the couple of them were offering great discounts on air jordan shoes shoes.I shoes online nike haven't been disappointed in the performance from the air jordan shoes shoes that I have been wearing for some months now. As it turns out I was completely correct in shop for nike shoes online my assessment of air jordan shoes shoes next first trial run. I now know that I'm going to be by using this brand for some time, long time. I'm really grateful to my buddy who took a chance on buying me that first pair as a birthday gift.link.

June 12, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterElinor

The design and style, colors, designs jordan 11 concord preorder and fabric of Abercrombie men jackets, makes them highly demandable. Men know that the jackets, which they are likely to purchase authentic air jordan shoes for sale from this brand, will truly bring comfort and style authentic air Jordan 11 in their lives. If you http://www.authenticairjordanshoes.net talk about quality, then you will become familiar with they fulfill all the quality related requirements. Their styles and designs have always been attracting a lot of customers,